Wednesday 19 November 2014

New Sweet, Smoky and Hot Menu at Chilis

On my recent to Chilis, I came across that they have come up with a new menu which is Sweet, Smoky and Hot which show off the chef's best flavors. I visited the Indiranagar outlet on the 100ft road and I am very happy that they have moved closer to my place. The utilization of place is done perfectly.

The variety of cocktails and mocktails served by them have really got my standard of tasting mocktails to a higher level. I had a Strawberry Margarita on my visit which was a traditional margarita with the flavors of strawberry while my friend had my favorite Minty Melon. Preferably have the mocktail the way it is served, without ice, the entire fun of having the mocktail doesn't remain the same.


I also tried the traditional Triple Dipper which is from the regular menu but cheated with 4 appetizers which had cheese poppers, chicken crispers, boneless chicken wings and pannier quesadilla. Cooked perfectly, presented well and these are my favorite at Chilis, I would anyday ave these options over the rest.


I had the Smoked Salmon Salad which is a cold salad having smoked salmon, diced avacado, cilantro chilli sauce, fresh cilantro and feta served over red pickled onion slaw mixed in honey lime vinaigrette. This was served with crispy tostada chips. This was mildly spicy but full of flavors. One of the best salad's I have had so far.


I have never had a pasta at Chilis so this time I tried Spicy Smoked Shrimp Pasta. It had smoked shrimps along with pasta mixed with spicy Alfredo sauce, corn succotash, topped with Jack cheese and panko breadcrumbs. Citrus chilli sauce and fresh cilantro were used for garnishing. It is a good for 2 quantity.


Dessert time, it was time I tried a new dessert at chilis so this time I tried Southern Peach Bread Pudding. Fancy looking dessert was wiped out in few minutes. Sweet peach bread pudding topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, walnuts, sprinkles of cinnamon and drizzled with some passion fruit syrup surely ended my meal on a very sweet note.


Pic credits: Indrani

No comments:

Post a Comment