Wednesday 25 June 2014

Fun-dining at Bootlegger

Bangalore enjoys fun-dining and the lookout for another fun-dining pub or restaurant took me to Bootlegger. Bootlegger is a clandestine little hangout on Vittal Mallya road, Lavelle road managed by Sazerac Hospitality pvt ltd. It is a small hangout place with dim lights which also has a smoking area outside. I really like the interiors of the pub. They usually serve continental cuisine. I have been to Bootlegger many times for some lip smacking food and also have a fun time with friend's so I wanted to share my experience with everyone so that they know what to expect from Bootlegger.









I started my evening with a mocktail, Shirley temple which was a nice blend of mango and orange juice while my friend opted for Bootlegger special cocktail, Sazerac which is a whiskey based cocktail. Their collection of beer is amazing. Beer's from Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Mexico, Italy, USA, Japan, Australia and our very own India is available. They also make some unusual cocktails to suit your taste.


Shirley temple
Sazerac
Our evening started with a bang. The love I have for sea food, I always end up ordering prawns everywhere. So I ordered, Butter Garlic Prawns. It stole my heart. Prawns were spicy and delectable, well cooked and blended well with the spices. I wasn't getting the taste of garlic on my tongue but the presence of it was felt which impressed me the most. Next came, Breaded chicken tenders, these were good, minced chicken rolled in bread crumbs and friend and it tasted a lot better with the dip served. Chicken Pakoda was something on the menu that I wanted to try so I went ahead with it. I wasn't very impressed with it as I did not get the taste of chicken as much as I got the taste of the gram flour batter.

Butter Garlic Prawns
Breaded chicken tenders
Chicken Pakoda
In veg, I tried Chili Paneer and Potato skins. I am not very find of paneer but chili paneer was different and flavorsome, not the usual one you get in other restaurants. Paneer was wrapped and cooked well with spices, very fusion style of making paneer. Potato skins were very tasty cooked with cheese and ball peppers. Potato skins were delish and added to my favorites.

Chili Paneer
Potato skins
Other times, when I have visited Bootlegger, I have ordered for iced tea along with buffalo chicken wings and Caesar salad so this time around I did not order these. But I could still get the taste of buffalo chicken wings which I usually enjoy at Bootlegger.
Iced tea
Caesar salad
When the bartender got to know that I enjoy my mocktail with watermelon in it then he sent me a Watermelon mojito which was very tasty and palatable, a simple drink with some mint, lime and watermelon quenched my thirst.



For my main course, I couldn't think of anything other than Fish and Chips which was also suggested by them while my friend asked for Chili Dog with chicken which is Bootlegger's speciality. Chili dog is a classic hot dog with chicken chili dressed with cheddar and jalapeno. My friend preferred the jalapeno layered with the chicken inside the bun. Fish and chips was a full-flavored dish served with french fries and tartar sauce. I relished my entire main course, though I found it a little salty with fries and fish but the tartar sauce and watermelon mojito covered it up for me.

Chili Dog
Fish and Chips


George, the bartender was happy enough to make a shooter for my friend and I made sure I captured this while he enjoyed his shot.



I can never end my meal without a dessert. But I was not really in a mood to have a cheesecake or a brownie. So I chose waffles from their all-day breakfast menu to be served with chocolate sauce and fresh cream. It was very mellow and yummy.



I never knew they had an all day breakfast menu and were opened from 10AM and served omlet, scrambled eggs, fried egg and toast, hash browns and cereals too.

The chef and the staff are very courteous. They took feedback and recommendation very strongly. I special mention to Joseph, Rodney and George to take care of us while the pub was full and crowded.

Bartenders at the Bar
With George
With Rodney

Stay connected on their Facebook page and Twitter for more details.


No comments:

Post a Comment