Friday 27 June 2014

A visit to The United Sports Bar and Grill restaurant

Bangalore witnesses the opening of The United sports bar and grill at the ground floor of Phoenix Market City. It has it branches in Mumbai and Pune too and all managed by Mirah Hospitality. The name itself suggest that it is sports bar and all you see here is sports, sports and more of sports. A multi-cuisine restaurant catering to the needs of all age groups is very vibrant. It accommodates a live DJ playing groovy music, setting the house on fire.




The United doesn't not focus only on one sport but focuses on all sports and brings like minded people together to have good time at the restaurant. The place is filled with pictures of sports personality, their fans, different country flags, even the table mat has sports quiz, giving a very sporty view. A pool table is also there for those who would like to play a game.



Cocktails and mocktail were served on our table. They have very creative cocktail made at the bar and one should surely try them. I enjoyed my watermelon Mojito, virgin mojito, mango cooler and a watermelon cooler throughout my stay at the restaurant.

Watermelon cooler 
Mango Cooler
Virgin Mojito
Watermelon Mojito
We went ahead with the chef, Vijay Pradhan's recommendation for the starters. I was very impressed with the presentation of the appetizers. The appetizers stole my heart. Bruschetta are my favorites and I loved the way it was presented. Bruschetta was served on a bowl beneath which, fishes were swimming. Isn't it different? French toast baguette topped with olives, tomatoes and cheese started my evening very well.




Next came was Fire Cracker Prawn and this presentation amazed me the most. Very juicy prawns wrapped in wonton sheet and marinated with chili paste served with fire cracker for presentation.

Fire cracking prawn in action
Fire cracking prawn
Other appetizer's which I tasted were Mozarella cheese sticks, chicken shish tauk, sheek kebab, Dhingri bhara kebab, Jerk spiced grill paneer, Grilled fish steak zuchini - spinach cigar roll with Mexican salsa, hot chilli potato, olive rubbed chicken skewers. I really liked hot chilli potato and dhingri bhara kebab in veg and Grilled fish steak zuchini - spinach cigar roll with Mexican salsa, olive rubbed chicken skewer and chicken shish tauk in non veg. The chicken was cooked well and blended with the ingredients well.



Hot Chili Potato
Jerk spiced grill paneer
Grilled fish steak zuchini - spinach cigar roll with Mexican salsa
Chicken Shish Tauk
olive rubbed chicken skewers

After these amazing lip-smacking starters, some amazing mini burgers, mini pizza and french fries were served. I had Champions beef burger, minced beef burger patty served with coleslaw and fries and it was one of the best mini burger I have had. The United supreme veg pizza with melted cheese and exotic vegetables was nice too but I preferred the burger more. Lamb was cooked well and it made me crave for more.

Champions beef burger

United veg supreme pizza
For my main course, I asked chef Vijay for recommendation and he suggested I tried Herb spring chicken and Goan prawn curry. Both were chef's specialty, Goan prawn curry was authentic goan curry flavored with fresh coconut with spicy tangy prawns served with steamed rice and pappadum. I did feel I was having this meal in Goa. Herb spring chicken was tender spring chicken was poached and cooked in its own juice, very juicy served with mashed potatoes and vegetables. I loved both the main course a lot.

Herb spring chicken
Goan prawn curry
My other friend's had Thai chicken curry, red and green curry which was served with steamed rice, Veggie steak with cheese stuffed egg plant, beef steak, veg sizzler and prawn sizzler. These weren't authentic to the taste but served with fusion style. The portion of the meal was good too.

Thai chicken curry - Green
Thai chicken curry - Red
Beef steak
Veg sizzler

Veggie steak with cheese stuffed egg plant
 Prawn Sizzler
How can I ever end my meal without a dessert, but here I tried Chocolate volcano, chocolate brownie, Tiramisu, Apple crumble and Pizookie. Being a chocolate lover, I loved chocolate volcano, luscious chocolate explosion served with vanilla ice cream. Chocolate brownie was nice too, a gooey chocolate brownie served with hot chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream. Tiramisu being my all time favorite was nice and creamy. As I am not a nutty loving person so I did not enjoy Pizookie and apple tart that much as much as I enjoyed the other desserts.

Chocolate volcano
Chocolate brownie
Tiramisu
Apple crumble
Pizookie
One should visit The United for a fun evening with friend's and family. One can choose to sit inside with loud music and AC or sit out for fresh air. It is a comfortable place and can accommodate 135 people. A meal for 2 would cost around 2000 plus taxes and charges. I had fun during my visit to this newly opened sports bar with screaming and cheering for my favorite team along with delicious delicacies :) You can hear about the restaurant from the chef, a small bite from him.


With Chef Vijay Pradhan

Stay connected to them on their Facebook page to know more about them.


No comments:

Post a Comment